Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Yay for this.

I have a confession to make...

I have a friend who goes to Mars Hill.
I know, it pretty much makes me an awful Progressive. I try not to think about it.
The thing is, she's really nice. A great person. She just happens to be into a completely socially-regressive faith. We don't talk about it. 

So it's really refreshing for me to hear things like this. People are welcome to their faith, but when it affects people of other- or no- faiths, it becomes a social problem. I understand that part of the Evangelical thing is evangelizing, bringing the message of Jesus to nonbelievers. And I'm fine with that, if it's on the streets or on the radio. But the courtroom and the houses of legislation are not appropriate places for evangelicism.

I'm glad to hear that the younger generation of evangelicals understands this.

No comments: