Sunday, August 10, 2008

As the bus drives past a highrise construction site I imagine some sort of building material crashing into the roof from hundreds of feet up. I imagine this as a meteor strike, as some sort of Extinction Event. This scenario could go a couple of different ways. I could be killed instantly- not my preferred option. I could be greviously wounded but not killed, an event that would change my life enormously by requiring time in the hospital and rehabilitation, thusly derailing my half-laid plans. Or I could be left unharmed and exhilirated by the experience, put into my preferred position as an observer of life but not an actor. In this scenario nothing would change for me. I am already the observer. The experience would be only another story of someone else's life and I would write much the same thing as I am now, when it is only something from my imagination.

Geolocate this post

Posted with LifeCast

No comments: